Sunday, August 10, 2014

Only Four Years to go. . .

My dear oldest starts high school in a few weeks and in four years will be headed to college.   Time has flown by,  it seems like yesterday I was preparing him for kindergarten.   This will probably be my theme this year.   I only have four more years and my baby will be gone to his next adventure. 
The boys have always had savings accounts, even as babies they had savings accounts.  Anytime they received money from relatives it went to their savings.  I always joked that grandma and grandpa had to pay to see their grandbabies.  A dollar here and there along with spare change does add up.   Now that Sprat is approaching the driving age he will need a checking account.   That is next on our list for this year and again proves that he is growing up.  
Big T is also going to have big changes this year.  He starts middle school this year and this will be his last year for Saturday football.  It will also be his last year for his dad to coach him in football.  I think my dear hubby is taking that one hard.  He loves football  and has enjoyed working with the kids.  He also has enjoyed watching those young men that he coached when Sprat played, now playing at the high school level. 
The boys are each taking giant steps this year.  Stay tuned. . .

No comments: