Thursday, March 5, 2015

All About the Hubbs

My hubby has completely ruined his chance for a career in the ice-capades.  His piroet in the driveway landed him on his back for the next six weeks.   It is very hard to watch your spouse suffer and not be able to help as I posted yesterday. 
This experience has shown me several things about myself and others that I did not know.  You know the saying, God will not give you more than you can handle.  After this week, I do believe that God must think I am a beast.   My little shoulders are shaky today.  Here is what He showed me about others.  Our family is truly loved.   We have had a huge out pouring of support from our family and friends.  It is not necessarily what they do, but what they are willing to  do that amazes me.   I am very thankful for each and every one of them.  
We have a very long road of recovery from all of this but, I know we can make it.  I keep using "we" while talking about everything we are going through because it is a team effort in our marriage and our life together.  So, we will get through it and this will make us and our marriage stronger.
I will leave you with this:  if you do not have friends, make some; if you do not have a Church that you regularly attend, find one; and if you are at odds with your family, resolve those issues.  These are the people that will sit in that hospital waiting room with you and fetch your kids to and from school and hold you in prayer when they cannot be right there.  They will drive two hours to be with your child that is having a hard time with the whole situation.  Without our friends, Church family, and our family I would not have made it through this week.  I am thankful.

No comments: