Monday, March 9, 2015

Moments of Monday. . .

Every day gets better.  Still requiring pain medication every three hours day and night.  You could equate this to having a new born  again.  He did rest more last night and I guess I did too, I just do not remember.  Feel like I am operating in a dense fog.
Our plumber came today to put in a "handicap" potty, it is taller than a standard toilet.   This extra height will help hubby since he cannot bend or put weight on the one leg.  They also installed two hand rails to aid in the up and down.   I must say if you are going to remodel and you are over 40 put in a "handicap" toilet.  I know, not the glamorous decorating tip you thought you were going to get.  I am all about practicality these days.  The rest of our house is perfect for any injuries that may come, everything we need on the main level.   My dear hubby is looking at a very long road to recovery and anything that I can do to make that easier, will be done.
Our 22nd wedding anniversary is coming up and we bought a new sofa recliner as our gift to each other.   That was another great thing to have during this recovery period.  It has been a huge blessing, without it poor hubby would be stuck flat on his back in the bed.  It is like having twin recliners but it is still a sofa.  Another must for our golden years.  ha ha ha ha  We are only mid 40's so we are not golden, yet.  Injuries do find us though and I am determined to be prepared.  

No comments: