Sunday, March 15, 2015

Here Comes Monday. . .

Like it or not here comes Monday.   We had a rather quiet weekend and my dear hubby is getting better with his leg.  Spent an exhausting Friday at the doctors office and I do mean the day.   They looked at the finger and the knee.   They took out the staples and he got a new brace that is more open than the last one.   The leg must still remain straight, no bending yet.   This also means no driving, just getting in a vehicle is a tricky task.  My dear hubby's brother was kind enough to take us in his truck so that he could stretch out in the very back.
After getting a new brace and more x-rays on the finger we were sent to hand therapy.   We spent three hours at the doctor and that did not include wait time.  These doctors are the best, they have taken very good care of my sweet hubby.
Several people have asked if we have gotten tired of each other these last two weeks of constant companionship.  I am definitely not tired of him and I do not believe he is tired of me.  He says he is not tired of me, he has not thrown me out or sent me away yet.   I guess this is a good trial run to see how things will be when he retires and our kids are grown and gone their separate ways.   I know a lot of people say that married couple grow apart through the years and I have always wondered about that with us.  We will be celebrating 23 years together, 22 married and I guess those things do cross peoples' minds every now and then.   I think we will be fine.  We do enjoy spending time together, we are still interested in the same things we were when we dated.  We carve out time for just us periodically, even if it is just a night watching a movie and getting take out.  We both enjoy being outside, working in the yard and garden.  Hubby is worried about not having a garden, he loves working in the garden and that may prove tricky this year.   I told him we would have a garden and that I would find a way to make it happen.
Stay tuned for recovery updates for the knee and finger and for garden updates as I figure out how to get that going.  It is going to be an interesting season ahead so, hang on.

No comments: