Monday, March 23, 2015

Wife on Monday. . .

Warning this is going to be sappy.
My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate 23 years together, 22 years of marriage and we may love each other more now than when we were first married.    I have posted about his accident and I have joked about it.  It was a serious injury and I guess I was joking about it because it was my way of dealing with this fear that I had.  The injury itself was crazy and I do not think it would happen again if he fell ten times the same way.  He tore all of the muscle and tendons from the knee.  He had to have surgery to put all of that back together.  He also dislocated his finger on the opposite hand.
These 23 years we have been together the most serious thing we have had to deal with was two c-sections.  Yes, they were serious and I was terrified but he was there and he was my rock.  He held me together.  I think this was hard because he was the one in need and I am not used to that.  I am not used to him being dependent on me, it is usually the other way around.   It is scary seeing the person that you saw as your rock needing you and depending on you to be the rock.  I am far from a rock when it comes to things like this.  If you know me personally you know exactly what I am talking about.
It is hard to see the person you love suffer in pain and not be able to help.   I know I am not the first to face this situation and if you have, I sympathize with you. Now that he is home and that dependence is in your face, it is hard.  I had to take him to see the doctor about his hand on Friday and it was very tricky trying to get him in the truck.  His dear sweet brother had helped get him to the doctor up to now.  I do not know what I would have done with out him.  Bless him because he has been here to sit with hubby while I had class and had to take the kids for practice.   Hubbs cannot stand up by himself and once he is up he is using crutches.  He is determined to get back to normal.  I love his determination but it does scare me just a little.  I am afraid he is going to try and do too much too quick and set things back farther.  This is a long road to recovery for him but I know we will survive.  I know that the good Lord is watching over us and that He will get us through it.   I have been at my end a couple of times these last two weeks and I have felt the prayers and love of our family and friends and for that I am truly thankful.  

No comments: