Sunday, March 29, 2015

Monday and Holy Week

Another good night, so thankful.  It must be the extra movement with those 30 degree leg curls.   Hubby is not requiring as much pain medication and that is great!  Less pain means healing is upon us.
It is Monday of Holy week and we have not been to Church in a month due to hubbs injury.  It feels weird not going, thankfully our pastor posts his sermons on Facebook.   I miss seeing our friends and the boys have missed the youth activities.  Right now we all cannot fit in one vehicle and I am the only one that can drive so we are homebound for right now.  Today is what I think of as the beginning of Holy week and my hubby pointed out we would not be going to any of the Holy week services.  The hubbs and I have, in the past, read scripture during our Holy week services.  I am going to miss that.  I do have our prayer books, so I guess I will be reading to my family this week. 
It is a glorious week and yet a sad one too. 
Did you know that at the very time Jesus was riding in to Jerusalem that Palm Sunday, Pilate was also arriving in Jerusalem at the other end of town?  Everyone was crowded about to see Jesus come in, they even lay down their coats and palm fronds for his donkey to walk over.   Pilate came in to much less pomp and circumstance because everyone wanted to see Jesus.  That is my Holy week trivia for ya. 

No comments: