Saturday, March 7, 2015

Meatloaf Monday. . .

I know it is not Monday but, I was making meatloaf on the Monday that my hubby  was ice dancing in the driveway. 
I thought I would share what I was doing with my meatloaf.  One child  likes it spicy, one does not like sauce, and hubby and I like a little spice and sauce.  I have a four mini loaf bread stone and I decided I would make 4 mini meatloaves. 
Basic meatloaf:
1-2lbs ground meat
Worcestershire sauce
Texas Pete
1tbsp chili powder
1tsp thyme
1 tsp dry mustard
2tsp garlic powder
3tsp paprika
ketchup
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1egg beaten
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.   Combine meat, Worcestershire, Texas Pete and mash together.   Then spoon dry ingredients mixture and mash with meat then add egg and bread crumbs last.  Divide into 4 balls.  Once divided I let Sprat fix his loaf how he wanted it.  He added shredded cheese and buffalo wing sauce.  I know, I did not think it sounded very good.  Big T was simple I just put it in the pan.  The last two for hubby and I, I wanted to try a stuffed meatloaf.  I folded a slice of fresh mozzarella in each loaf then topped with a little BBQ sauce.  I like to use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup over the top, I think it adds a little zing to the loaf.
Bake at 350 till brown and bubbly.  Mine cooked for almost an hour but they had been in the fridge for two days.
I baked mine last night and it was good.  Oddly enough Sprats' looked the best of them all.   Sprats' is in the lower right with the cheese bubbling out of it.  Big T still did not like his but he ate some of it to appease me.  They were very filling.  
Like most of my recipes it is never the same but the above is what I used for this one.  Until we eat again. . .

No comments: