Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Thursday Laughs

Yesterday, I really thought I would be able to catch up on some much needed rest after I got the boys off to school.  Not!  Dear hubbys' needs come before anybody these days and I am not being sarcastic.  Bless him, because he has to have someone help him up and down from a seated position,  he cannot dress himself, and he cannot get something to eat or drink when he wants.  This must be very frustrating for him. 
My much needed rest went out the window when he said his stomach did not feel good.  Grabbed his crutches and helped him up.  Off to the powder room, I can call it that because the new handicap toilet is in my bathroom.   I sat in the bedroom till he was ready to go back to the couch, he made his way back and I helped him sit down and raise the foot part of the recliner making sure it did not bang the hurt leg.   He was now ready for a pain pill, I go in to the kitchen and hear what sounds like water running.   I get him some water and a pill and return to the kitchen and try to pin point where the sound is coming from.  I see something running down my back splash beside the oven.  I hollered and of courae hubby thinks something is seriously wrong.   I assure him I am fine and tell him we have a leak.  I have to help get him up and he comes to see what he thinks is going on.  The boys bathroom is above the kitchen so I ran upstairs to cut the water off.  There is no visible water on the ceiling above where the water is dripping.   I decided to open the cabinet and see if I could see anything there.  I found the culprit and it was not a water pipe.   I had a large can of pineapple juice that had exploded in the cabinet.  I spent my needed nap time cleaning out my cabinet and my counter top. 
You just have to laugh at how completely off the wall that is. 

No comments: