Thursday, January 8, 2009

Competition

Is competition good for the soul? If it is Mark and must have the healthiest souls in town. Mark and I are very competitive, in fact, before we had children we use to bet on everything. We made large bets with each other too. Now, keep in mind this was before kids and we were both working. We always participated in football pools, basketball pools and we would bet on dumb things too. Neither of us likes to lose either. I thought I saw one of my Sunday School students at a local basketball game and Mark said it was not and of course I said, "You want to bet on it?" He said, ok what do you want to bet? Of course I said a new Coach pocketbook. He said ok what do I get. I said something you want for the same price. Needless to say, Mama has a brand new bag. Coach bag that is. HA HA!! He just thinks he knows everything.

Now that was the last BIG bet we made. Now we have the kids and cannot squander our money like that. So when we bet now it is just for the sheer knowledge that I know more and am smarter than he is. HA HA! Knowledge is POWER!

No comments: