Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Good Old Days. . .

I am feeling a little nostalgic today. I have recently connected with some old high school friends that I have not talked with in a long time. I missed the 20 year reunion. I have been talking with an old girlfriend that I have not seen or talked with in many years and it seems like we have never been apart. It is funny how we all drift apart over the years. I found out she is getting married in April. She and her fella have been together for 14 years and now are going to make it official. I am so happy for her.

I have been looking back at old pictures of my kids too. I miss them so much at those young ages. I was putting some pictures in a scrapbook last night of Jack at just months old. In every picture he has this huge smile on his face and is laughing with his mouth wide open. I must have take pictures of him everyday. I have not looked at Thomas' pictures but I don't remember taking as many of him as I did of Jack. I guess poor Thomas has second child syndrome. I have about 3 plastic bins of pictures of all of us that need to be in a book somewhere. I am working on that. I hate I have not kept up with all of this. Their baby books I did keep up with so they are up to date. They only hold a few pictures though and I have a bunch of pictures.

I looked back at those last night and long for those days again. I know, I am crazy all the late night feedings ect. . . But, I look back and I don't know where that time went. Where did it all go? Jack is 9 and Thomas will be 6 soon. It seems like yesterday little Thomas was crawling around not making a sound. We worried over him because he did not talk or make much noise when he was little. Now, of course, you can't get a word in with him. As my Dad used to say, "He could talk the ears off a billy goat."

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

I know what you mean. I accidentally came across a picture of the kids when Peter was 3 and Sarah was almost 2. I almost started to cry. I miss their round fat faces and the cheesy grins. I almost started to cry too! It just goes by so fast!

And I can't ever imagine a time when Thomas didn't talk the ears off a billy goat!