Monday, January 26, 2009

Lizzards?

Jack brought a book home from school the other day about lizards and other reptiles. He loves reading about animals and science fiction stuff, like Big Foot ect. He now wants a lizard as a pet. I do not do reptiles. We got into a discussion about lizards and snakes. Marks' brother used to have snakes growing up. He had a boa and a python and some other type of snake. I told Jack he was not getting a lizard because I would be the one to have to pick up after it and clean the cage ect. Well, then my wonderful husband brings up the fact that oh you could get a snake. Again, I don't do snakes either. I have killed several in the yard and other places.

One of Marks' favorite stories to tell is the time he came home and the hoe was laying up against the front door. He knew that something had happened. He came up the front walk to find little bits and pieces of Mr. snake. Of course his first question was did he put up a fight? I don't like snakes and this one was living under my front steps and would poke it's little head out right where little frito would step off to go to the bathroom. He scared me to death so I took care of it. We have had a few go to the great beyond the same way.

Jack still thinks if he has the money that he is going to get a lizard. He wants a blue tail or tongue skink. I don't remember the actual name. I keep telling him I don't care if he has enough money to buy ten he is not getting one. One extra living thing (dear Frito) in my house is all I can stand.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Your blog looks so pretty and springy now!

And I'm with you - no reptiles!

Pampered Mom said...

Thanks I wanted to change my look. Maybe attract some new readers too.