Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Stew

Long name but a quick fix. This is such a great recipe. You can put it in your crockpot for 6-8 hours on low or you can cook it on high for 4 hours. I made this last night for supper, it was GREAT!!

Here we go;

1 can black beans drained
1 can rotel tomatos
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can diced tomatos with garlic oregano and basil
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 small can tomato sauce
3- 4 Chicken breast

Put the first 6 ingredients in you pot then lay your chicken on top and put the lid on if you do 6-8 hours on low after the 8th hour pull the chicken out shred it and put it back in the pot for about 20-30 minutes. If you do 4 hours on high after 4 hours do the same thing with your chicken.

I use Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning instead of taco seasoning it will cut down on some of the sodium. I think it has better flavor too.

1 cup is 115 cal.

I top with a little sour cream you can add cheese and eat with tortilla chips.

If you try it let me know how it goes. I love this one especially on a day like today.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! I would love a big bowl of this right now...even though it is 8:00 in the morning!

Pampered Mom said...

I will email you some.