Friday, January 9, 2009

Crispy Ranch Chicken

You know my resolution was to be healthy not diet. But I am finding some really good and healthy recipes and I would like to share this one with you. The basic recipe came from a website I use called Spark People. Yes, it is to help you lose weight but they also help you get healthy with good habits, which is what I am trying to do. This is a FREE website by the way. This is a variation on one of their recipes.

Crispy Ranch Chicken:

1pkg dry ranch dressing mix
4 chicken breasts
2 egg whites beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
2tbsp half and half

Add half and half to egg whites

Dip chicken in dry ranch, then egg wash, then bread crumbs, then place in shallow baking dish. I used my medium bar pan. I baked mine at 425 for about 25-30 minutes till juices run clear.

This is so quick and so easy my kids loved it. They are the pickiest eaters around. Thomas more than Jack and Thomas loved it.

Now you can serve this with just about anything. I love couscous so that is what we had.

Here is another quick tip: You know I sell Pampered Chef, well I did not know this but our Executive cookware also will thaw your meats. I tried this the past two nights with my frozen chicken breast and I thawed 4 breasts within 1 hour. You could leave them out on the counter all day and they would not thaw but set them on our cookware and they are ready to cook within the hour. Pretty cool huh? You do not have to put the cookware over heat or in the oven to thaw.
If you would like more info about our cookware email me pamperedpage@bellsouth.net

Trying to stay sane and healty one day at a time.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

THis sounds good and I'm sure my kids would like it too!

Have a good weekend!