Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Resolutions ? ? ? ?

How many of you have set New Years Resolutions? We all do them and usually all poop out by March. Well, my New Years Resolution is to do better by my self and my family. I do want to lose weight but every year I try and don't. So this year my goal is only to live better, eat healthy, and be a better person. Yeah, I know BIG goals, but I am taking baby steps to get there. I tried a new recipe last night and surprise the kids like it.

It is a Pampered Chef recipe with a twist. I had to improvise, now before everyone gasps, this improvisation actually worked.

I used frozen chicken breast (3) I dipped them in flour then egg white then a mixture of bread crumbs, asiago cheese, and oregano. Baked these at 425 for about 30 minutes.

Then fixed whole wheat angel hair pasta, and a home made marinara sauce.

Sauce is diced tomatoes with basil, peppers and onions. 1/2 of large can of tomato sauce, 2 tsp sugar, garlic powder, a little white wine and bring to a boil.

Now when the chicken and pasta is done. Here is how we served it:

Jack: Pasta, no sauce and 1/2 chicken and 2 tsp of brummel and brown on pasta with grated asiago cheese.

Thomas: 1/2 chicken, a little pasta topped with grated asiago cheese.

Mark and I did it all: 1 cup pasta, 1/2 cups sauce, grated asiago cheese and a chicken breast.

This is very filling and I had pasta and sauce left over for lunch today. This was a very quick recipe. From start to finish about 45 minutes. Not to bad.

I will tell you about the Slow cooker chicken taco stew later. It was yummmy!!!!
I will keep you posted on my resolutions through the year. Ya'll keep me honest.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

That sounds good and the fact that everyone liked it is a bonus!