Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Days of School

Well, the boys survived their first three days of school. No problems or issues with teachers. Yeah!! I may have been concerned for nothing. Who am I kidding, I'm a Mom I am supposed to worry and be concerned for nothing. Isn't that in our job description?
I was talking with the dental hygienist this morning about kids and school and she said where her kids go to school they had to buy copy paper. So, is the School system budget in that bad of shape that they cannot afford copy paper? Jacks' teacher told me they are only allowed to make one copy per week per kid. How crazy is that? I feel a tax increase coming on.

I was really concerned about Thomas adjusting to a new teacher and more work. He has really not come home with any work yet. He seems to like his teacher. He had his kindergarten teacher completely snowed last year. She was apologizing to me for having to move his clip for something he did. I told her if he had done something wrong he needed it moved. Thomas is my charmer, he can charm the pants off of anyone. He probably got away with a lot last year. Jack on the other hand he is the brutally honest one of the bunch. Thomas would lie in a heart beat to save his own skin and make you believe it too. Not Jack, no matter how much trouble it meant for him he would not lie to get out of anything. I guess that is why he does not get into that much trouble. He is a talker. That is what he gets in trouble for at school. He is a social butterfly. He is smart and makes good grades. He has never gotten in trouble over his grades just his behavior. I am hoping the behavior thing he will grow out of. It may just be a boy thing though. He acts just like his Daddy. I guess Thomas is more like me. I don't see myself as a charmer though. I never got away with anything when I was in school.

No comments: