Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The School, warning political

Ok, so I got the notice that because the budget has not been settled that the kids cannot find out what class they are in. Now, how long have they known that this budget has to be done? Since let's say June! What is the problem? I know part of it is the State budget. I guess we cannot expect our schools to do any better than our State Government.
The letter also stated that when we do find out what teacher our child has it is not set in stone. They could get moved around to a different classroom because they don't know what teachers still have jobs.

This is insane! If I did this with my household budget they would foreclose on everything I own. So why can they, meaning the school system and the State Government, not get it together. Your average business cannot do this either. What if I just said, Oh, I am sorry my budget is not set and I cannot pay my taxes. They would probably arrest me. So why do we let them do this? Is there not something we can do to put a stop to all the BS that is floating around? We have allowed them to walk over us and if we continue to tolerate it, it will only get worse. I think we need less government instead of more.

Just like this health care stuff. I don't want the government handling my health care. They can't balance a budget and I am going to let them tell me what doctor I can see and when. I don't think so. That is stupid. If I wanted the government to take care of me I would tell Mark to quit his job and we would go on welfare. There is your government run health care program right there. Welfare and medicaid; that is the mess we will be in if all this goes through. I bet you this that the Senators, Governors, House Representatives, and the President and his family won't be a part of it.

Been a long week sorry for the rant. But think about it. What government run program is doing what it is supposed to do? Look at Social Security. I am not depending on it. It won't be there when I'm ready.

Just let me keep my own money and let me take care of myself. I think we would all do a better job than the government.

3 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I'm so annoyed by all of this too! I just emailed Bev Perdue's and politely asked when the budget would be approved. We'll see if I get a response!

Wendy said...

I agree! This is getting a bit crazy! Bev Perdue's big campaign was concern for our children and their education. Do you think she may have forgotten all the promises she made!

Pampered Mom said...

I am sure she has forgotten or maybe never even intended on following through with her promises. I noticed today that the education part of the budget is what has been cut. Now what does that tell us?