Monday, December 15, 2014

It is Monday. . .

Last final for me today,  a little break till next session starts.   I think I am going to finish up with an A and a B, not too shabby for an old lady.   I really cannot wait till the  boys are out of school.  They have a long break this year.  Sprat faces his first year of "final exams," he had finals in middle school but not like the ones he will have from this point forward.   He was telling me about the week they are having them and how at least two days he will not have to go to school.  If he has an A in the class and the final is not state mandated then he does not have to take the exam therefore, no school.
I have a paper calendar notebook that I keep all of our appointments in.  The boys have a more active life than I have ever thought of having.  I know, you would think in this technology age I would have a fancy computerized something to keep up with everyone.  I like my little notebook and pencil.  I have tried numerous times to use those computerized calendars on my phone and it never works like it is supposed to.   I will remain an old fart with her paper notebook calendar.
With Christmas fast approaching, I think back about Christmas and growing up.  One year my brother, who is 11 years older than me, started telling me in November I had been bad and Santa was going to put switches in my stocking.   He told me this every chance he got.  My mom and dad fussed at him for being mean to me but that did not stop his constant badgering about dear Santa and the switches.   Naturally, I was the first one up on Christmas morning that year and every year.  I was up at probably 5 am and I ran downstairs to see what Santa had brought.   I had to turn on all the lights in the den just to be sure what I was seeing.  I rubbed my eyes a couple of times and yep I was not dreaming, there right in front of me was a pile of switches in my brothers stocking.  My stocking was filled with goodies and so was my sisters.  I could not hold my excitement, I ran through the house and woke everyone up screaming that my brother had gotten switches in his stocking.   I will never forget that Christmas for as long as I live.  I tell that story to my kids every year to remind them that Santa is real and he is watching.  

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

HAHAHAHA! What a great story!

Pampered Mom said...

Thank you Beth. Yes, it was painful right up to the point when I saw those switches, then it was glorious.