Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday Not so Crafty

Trying to finish shopping and wrapping and cleaning.  Are you seeing a pattern?  Pattern, that is in crafts.  Did not even get any baking done today, thankful I got a lot done yesterday.  Oh, let us not forget the after school orthodontist appointment. 
The never ending to do list of a mom. 
If I had been able to bake today this is what I would have made.
Pecan Sandies or Pecan Crescent
These are also a favorite from my mom.  My hubby calls them the incredible melting cookies because,  shock surprise I wrote the recipe down wrong and had too much butter and not enough flour.  My cookies ran all over the oven the first time I made them.  Ughhh. Yet another pattern of mine. 
I will give you the correct measurements for these yummy cookies.
1/4 lb butter
2 tbs sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
Powdered sugar for later
Cream butter, sugar, and flour and nuts.
Once all combined make ball then shape into a crescent and bake 350 for 10-15 minutes.  After you take them out of the oven  dredge them in the powdered sugar.
These are lite and flakey.   I will be making these later.

No comments: