Monday, January 5, 2015

Break Over. . . Here comes School. . .

Break is over, back to the grind.  The boys went back to school today and hubby is back at work. Today the Christmas decorations come down,  and my beautiful living room goes back to normal.   It is always a little sad when Christmas is over and the decorations come down.  When my hubby and I were first married he insisted on taking everything down on New Years Day.  I hated that, that was too early to take down decorations.   I have left my decorations up till mid March before, with a real tree.  That was an accident though.  That was the year Dad fell through the roof of our barn and was in the hospital for almost six weeks, three of which were in ICU on a ventilator.   Poor hubby was home by himself and after most of the needles had fallen off the tree he decided he would put away the Christmas ornaments.   I stayed with my Mom while Dad was in the hospital so she would not have to be by herself.    That was a wild year.   The next year we had an artificial tree and it was like an Easter egg hunt finding my ornaments.  Men are just not made to put delicate things away, unless you use them to fish with, that is.
The boys are back in school and dear hubby is back to work, so I  am appreciating the calm and quiet of my house this morning.  As I reflect on this past year, we have had good days and not so good days.  I will not say bad, because as someone told me at Church yesterday, any day the Lord has made cannot be bad.  I think that is how I will approach this year.    So, here is to no bad days in 2015.  
Someone posted on Facebook one time about the kind of person they wanted to be.  It said something like; I want to be the woman that when I wake, the devil says, oh no!! she's up!  I think I would like to be that kind of woman.  

No comments: