Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dreary Wednesday. . .

Schools closed, not unhappy about that.  Sprat needs the extra time to recoup and goodness knows Big T could use a break.   It is so dreary and cold today and it is hard to cook with two growing boys always in the kitchen eating.  Today may be more about organization in the kitchen.  Heaven knows I need help in the organization department.  I have started trying to clean my dumping ground, I mean the kitchen island, off so it is of more use while cooking.   Does anyone else have a catch all place in their kitchen where all the mail and everything else in the free world comes to congregate?   My landing pad seems to be my island.  How can you cook when you cannot see your counter tops? 
I took a before picture, I hope you will not judge.  My island is pretty bad.  I spent most of the morning tossing useless or outdated  paper.  Then I had to find a home for those items that did not belong in the kitchen in the first place.   That was a chore, many of those items were the boys so they had to do some work today too. 
I still have a basket with greeting cards and some other things and a dish with the kids medicine so they do not forget to take it.  I also have that tumbler for change on my island that I talked about one Friday when I was sharing how we saved our $1, 000 cash. 
I feel like I did get something accomplished today with my home organization that I have been wanting and needing to do for some time.  My next goal in home organization will be my "in cabinet command center."   Stay tuned for that one.
I hope you did not mind that I did not cook or post a recipe today. 

No comments: