Monday, January 12, 2015

ughhhhh Monday!!!

OMG!!!  I cannot believe the bureaucracy in insurance.   I have spent my morning at the doctor with Sprat and the flu.  Then to the pharmacy waiting to get Tamiflu, only to be told my insurance would not cover it.  What?  Really?  Meanwhile my poor Sprat is sitting in the car baking with a 103 temp.   Paid out of pocket for Sprats' Tamiflu and did not get mine filled.  Now I am on the warpath.  I hate anyone telling me when and how often I can get a prescription filled.  I realize with controlled substances and such there have to be regulations.  I do not think with Tamiflu this should be an issue. Maybe there is some high to be gotten taking Tamiflu that I am not aware of.  All I know is some pin head with no medical background in New Jersey should not be making health decisions on my behalf.  So why do we allow this to happen, why do we allow insurance companies to make our health decisions?  They do not know us, they do not know our bodies, and they do not have a medical degree.  Sorry to blather on but this infuriates me to no end.
I call the insurance company to complain and they tell me it is my husbands' company that set the regulations on how often things can be filled.  Yep, you guessed it, I called hubbys' company HR department to find out what is going on.   According to hubbys' company I cannot get my Tamiflu filled until March.  Gee, that is nice to know I can only get the flu in March and not before.    Now we all know life does not work that way and we all know if I get the flu it will be within the next few days since my dear Sprat is raging with it.    I would just love to go to New Jersey and give the whole HR department a big open mouthed, wet, sloppy kiss.  UGHHHHHH!!!!  Pin heads!

No comments: