Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sorry I'm late today. . .

I am feeling technology over load today.  I love having a phone that  is smarter than me.  I like checking email quickly without having to go to my computer or laptop and log on and wait for everything to connect.  It is a nice, let's just say it, luxury.  I like checking Facebook with my phone,  it is quick there is no log on required.  The smart phone is a fabulous tool.
Now that I have said all of that.  I absolutely detest sitting in a nice restaurant and seeing someone constantly checking their phone and completely ignoring the people that are right there in front of them.  I do realize there are exceptions and I try not to judge.   One of our family members had their phone out over New Year's dinner because there was an illness in the family and they wanted to be able to be in touch if needed.  Those things I completely understand because I have been there and done that.  It is almost like we have created a whole new type of ADD.  
You know how I feel about children having cell phones, I have expressed that many times here.  My oldest did get a phone this year due to his football schedule and practice.  He did not get the newest and the best $500+ phone, I do not even have one of those.   His phone is not allowed out during meal time, whether we are at home or out to eat.  I personally just think it is rude to be on your phone all the time and ignoring the people that you are face to face with.  I see this more with young people and that goes back to my whole feeling of their lack of respect for anything.  That scares me because they are the ones that are going to be taking care of my age group in our old age.  They do not respect  us now, how will they act when we are old and cannot take care of ourselves.  I have seen them blow by the elderly person coming in a store or almost hit the elderly person crossing the road in front of them, as if to say, how dare you impede my route.   This bothers me because I was raised to respect your elders and be respectful of those around you, whether you are in a car or on foot.   I do not think parents are stressing this today, or maybe they were not raised that way.  
I went off the deep end today sorry about that. 

No comments: