Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Super Bowl Eats. . .

Do you throw a Super Bowl party?  If so, what do you fix for those that come?  We always go to my mother-in-laws' house with our whole clan.  She always has a fabulous spread with all the fixings.  My brother- in- law brings wings, sometimes restaurant and sometimes homemade.  Everything else my mother-in-law fixes.   We have homemade pimento cheese sandwiches, pickle sandwiches (my favorite), ham sandwiches, wings, chips and dip, crab dip with crackers, mini corn dogs, veggie pizza, and sweets of all kinds.  This is enough to cause severe heartburn and usually does.  
Here is a favorite of mine and it is super easy:
1 block cream cheese
1/2 jar of pepper jelly ( I like the green)
box of crackers of your choice

put block of cheese on plate and then dump pepper jelly over top.  Yummm

I love cream cheese so here is another one with cream cheese, it is also super easy.
1 block cream cheese
1 jar of salsa (I like Pace)
shredded mozzarella cheese 

Spread cream cheese in the bottom of casserole dish and cover with salsa and microwave until a little bubbly then cover with shredded cheese and microwave a little longer to melt cheese.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Here is another favorite:  Texas Caviar 
2 cans black beans drained
1 can kidney beans drained
1 can corn drained
1 can hominy drained (sometimes I use 2)
1 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
2 cans rotel tomatoes
cilantro
1 onion chopped
garlic powder 

Combine all ingredients, this can be used as a dip with tortilla chips or a side dish.  Serve cold.

Hope you enjoy these, they are a few of my favorites, and as always my favorites are usually simple and very yummy.  Until we eat again. . .



No comments: