Monday, January 19, 2015

Men and Gift Giving. . .

I had a wonderful Birthday weekend.  We watched "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the new X-Men movie.  They were both very good movies and I enjoyed watching them with my fellas.   When my hubby and I were dating and first married he was the best gift giver.  He always got me something really cool and usually something I wanted but did not know I wanted.   After having the kids his gift giving has gone somewhat awry.  He did surprise me the first Christmas after Sprat was born with a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring.  I cried like a baby when I opened it because sapphire is Sprats' birthstone and I thought how neat that he picked that out.   It was a fluke he did not realize that sapphire was Sprats' birthstone, he just liked the ring.  I still loved it very much though because it was the first ring he had gotten me since my engagement ring.   He does have moments of greatness and I do love him dearly.  He is also a stickler for not letting me open my gifts before my birthday or get anything before Christmas.  I do not like that, I am worse than the kids when it comes to gifts.  I remember one Christmas in particular that he teased me by telling me he had a gift for me and he was going to let me open it before Christmas.  I was so excited I could not stand it, he dangled that bag in front of me and I snatched it out of his hands and went running through the living room.  I looked in the bag and it looked like a ring box, I screamed, "it's jewelry, it's jewelry!!!"   He tackled me at the couch and dumped the bag out on me and it was a bar of soap.  He is such a stinker.  From that point forward I knew he would never let me open anything early.
This weekend he teased me again and said he would let me open my birthday present early.  He did let me have it a little early.  He did good this year and on his own and everything.
Do you remember when I was posted about the different types of streaming devices?  It would have been on a Tuesday.  I posted about the Roku 3 and what a cool device it was and that it was tops on my list of the streaming devices.  I got a Roku 3 for my birthday.  yayyyy!!!!  Now that I have it and have played with it over the weekend it does get my big stamp of approval.  It is the coolest thing ever.  There are several options for FREE services and then there are those you must pay for.   I love it, I have watched "Mr. Ed," "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and I have pinned a few series I would like to watch from the beginning that are no longer on TV.   I consider myself an old soul, because I like the old black and white shows, like "I Love Lucy," and "Mr. Ed."  
Even though this was my gift, everyone loves it.  They each have some aspect of it that they like, it really offers a lot for everyone.  It has other shows that you can watch, my hubby and I have started watching "Breaking Bad" from the beginning.  We never watched it when it was on TV we just never could sit down and watch it when it was on.   So, it does offer other shows than the old black and white and it offers Netflix too.    You have to have an account through Netflix to be able to use it.  Netflix offers a lot of movies and series you can stream.
All in all my dear hubby did really good for my Birthday this year.

No comments: