Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Crochet Beanie for Me. . .

My hubby and I are not big party animals so we do not do New Year's parties.   We did go to First Night when we were first married with another couple, it was fun and we stayed awake just long enough to watch the ball drop.   That night it was terribly cold and we watched the ball drop from our hotel room.  We also watched the pick pockets work the crowd below and get busted by the police.
With that said, I can tell you what I did last night.  I finished my crochet beanie hat that my very talented niece helped me get started over Christmas.  Yayyyy me!!!  It takes me forever to finish my crochet and knitting projects but, I decided that I was going to finish this one so I could use it this winter.  It is terribly cute and my dear hubby even liked it and he wants one too, just not pink.  I have started him a beanie in dark blue.  I hope I can get his finished as quickly as I did mine.
YouTube is a marvelous tool for crafting.  My niece and I found this tutorial on YouTube by Ms. Craft Nerd.  She does a really good job of explaining things and this particular pattern is really simple.  Ms. Craft Nerd "How to crochet a slouchy beanie" check her out.  There are a lot of tutorials on YouTube for crochet and knitting all sorts of things.   I have a new love of YouTube now.
I hope you all had a safe ringing of the New Year.    I cannot wait to see what the new year holds for our family.  I am very excited, 2014 has been wild and crazy and I can just bet 2015 will be that and more.   We have had our trials and tribulations and we have lost some wonderful people but, I know that each of them is smiling down on us and watching over us.   Stay tuned, 2015 is going to be crazy with this Mom of two wild and crazy boys and wife to the man that makes us all smile.    Best to you all in 2015.

No comments: