Monday, January 11, 2016

"Hotcakes and Hallelujahs"

"Hotcakes and "Hallelujahs" is a devotional book I got for Christmas.  It has 90 devotions and 30 easy and yummy recipes.   I started this on Saturday morning.  I have glanced over the recipes and I hope to try those too.  I must admit I am not a first thing in the morning cook.   I find it difficult to even eat first thing in the morning.  I generally  drink my breakfast or I wait till mid morning when I can sit down and eat.  Since I was little I have not been able to face food first thing in the morning.   Growing up I always drank a protein drink for breakfast.   My mom sold Shaklee vitamins and they had the best vanilla protein shake powder.  I have not used Shaklee for a long time.  
I did not mean go off topic so far there.  Back to the hotcakes.  The first devotion talks about being positive and how negative thoughts can effect our bodies physically. I believe that God is working in my life and that he puts things and people in my life for a reason.  This devotion also talked about depression, which many young people are dealing with.   I believe this was the reason God put this book in my hands this past week.  Children are bombarded with negative talk these days, they see it on television and hear it in school from teachers and other adults that are supposed to be there to encourage them.  I am thinking about the young man that took his life at Sprats' school.
   I will be sharing more about this book, you can bet on that. 
Sprat is getting ready for finals this week so I am trying to keep everyone grounded in their school work.  Here is to the start of another wild week at our house.                                                            

No comments: