Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow, Snow and More to Come. . .





I like the snow, I like to watch it snow, I do not drive in the snow unless it is absolutely necessary.  This is a picture outside my house of our bird feeder with all the birds surrounding it.  My hubby loves his birds and always makes sure they have plenty of food.   We are expecting more snow on through tomorrow.  Who knows how much we will end up with.  We are hunkered down for the big one.  I had to laugh this morning, the news lady was telling how to keep your kids entertained while they are stuck at home.  I laughed because I remember when I was little and it snowed, all I wanted to do was go out and play.   Sprat hates the cold and Big T can take it or leave it.  I only came in to eat and get dry clothes and go back out again.  If you need something to do with your kids here is a little thing my friend posted on Facebook.                                                                                                      
Ask you kids these questions without any prompting.                                                                                Here is how mine answered Sprat is 16 and Big T 12
1.  What is something I always say to you?                                                                                
S - Be quiet, Big T-  Be quiet and I love you    
2.  What makes me happy?                                                                                                          
                           S- peace and quiet, Big T- horses                                                                                      3.  What makes you sad?                                                                                                               
            S- when someone passes away, Big T - me arguing 
4.  How do I make you laugh?                                                                                                     
                                S- tell jokes and the fact that I did not get a cell phone till I was 16
Big T - tell jokes and show me cool stuff
5.  What was I like as a child?                                                                                                     
S- a redneck, Big T - nice and followed the rules
6.  How old am I?                                                                                                                          
S- 47, Big T 47  (the only reason they know this is because I just had a BD this past week)
7.  How tall am I?                                                                                                                          
S- 5' 4", Big T- 5' 8"                                                                          
8.  What is my favorite thing to do?                                                                                              
S- watch Roku, Big T- be with us kids                                                       
9.  What do I do when you're not around?                                                                                    
S- read, watch Roku, cook, and study      Big T- go to school and study
10.  What am I really good at?                                                                                                          
S- Cooking and being mom, Big T- riding horses
11.  What is something I am not good at?                                                                                         
S- no clue,  Big T - playing the Xbox
12.  What do I do for a job?                                                                                                                
S- stay at home mom, Big T- house wife                    
13.   What is my favorite food?                                                                                                          
S-  chocolate, Big T- sushi                                                 
14.  What do you enjoy doing with me?                                                                                            
S- going to the movies, Big T - going places                       


I must say I was a little surprised at some of their answers, try it and see how you come out.  I was surprised that my oldest thought I was good at being a mom.  Some days I feel like such a failure when it comes to that so this little task may make you feel better about what you are doing with your kids.  I may have to do this for my husband too, I wonder how his would turn out.    

No comments: