Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What to Cook if it Snows?????

With predictions of snow in our immediate future I am thinking what can I fix in the crock pot.  Shocker!   Right?   I do love my crock pot.  I was skimming Pinterst last night to see what yummy things I could put in the Pot.   My hubby picked up a roast early this week and I put it in the freezer for just such a case.   I found a very interesting recipe for a balsamic roast.   There are many crock pot recipes out there for roast, but this one sounded very good to me.  I think the twang of vinegar and the little bit of sweet from the honey will be great.  I have a whole board on Pinterst dedicated to slow cooker recipes and that is where I found this one.  I had pinned it a long time ago.  This recipe is from Robyn Stone at Add a Pinch.  I will let you know how it turns out later this week.  
Here we go . . .

3-4 lb. boneless roast beef (chuck or round)
1 cup of beef broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1tbsp Worcestershire
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 cloves of garlic

Place your roast in the pot.  Mix your other ingredients together and pour over your roast.   Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.   When you are ready to eat, remove your roast to a serving dish and shred with two forks.  Then pour  the juice over your roast.  
In past posts I have left things out of my recipes but, I am pretty sure this one is correct.   Check out 
www.addapinch.com    to see other recipes.  

Until we eat again. . .

No comments: