Friday, January 8, 2016

Warning... I am on my Soap box today. . . Political. . .

Ok,  I do not normally get political here but, I am going to weigh in on the whole gun control thing.  Guns are inanimate objects and the only thing that can control them is a human being.  We need criminal control!   We need to do away with the death penalty and put the money used to prosecute death penalty cases toward hiring and training more police officers, more police officers on the beat will cut down on crime.    According to Fox News, Duke University did a study and found that North Carolina could save $11 million a year if they substituted life in prison for the pursuit of the death penalty.   That $11 million would go a long way, if used appropriately, to help control crime.  Criminals are not afraid of going to jail because they know they will not be there long.  This is a sad state that our whole country is in right now.   
As for gun control, I am not against the "criminal" background checks that are required those are necessary but I do not believe our government should be snooping into medical records.   Let us be realistic and think how criminals and terrorists, for that matter, get their guns.   Do they go to the store and buy them like an average person would?  Nope.  They steal them or have someone else buy them. The whole concept of being a criminal is that they do not follow the rules.  If taking guns away from law abiding citizens would cut down on crime I would be all for it but, the truth of the matter is that when you take guns away from the average citizen you make them a target.  My husband always says "locked doors keep an honest man honest."   Laws are only as good as the people that follow them.   It strikes me very funny that these politicians are all about disarming the public yet they remain surrounded by armed guards.   I am quite suspicious of anyone that stands behind an armed guard or gate and demands that I surrender my weapons.  Is my family any less worthy than theirs?  
Do your research folks.  You do not have to believe me I encourage you to read and figure it out for yourself.  

No comments: