Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book Club. . . Insurgent. . .

New book for the club is Insurgent, the second in the trilogy by Veronica Roth.  I liked the first one, Divergent and I really like Insurgent.  I read it in record time.   It is really one that you cannot put down.  These are all based on Dystopian society.  They are very violent books so if you are the least bit iffy on violence I would not recommend them.  Certain parts of the first one did bother me just a bit but I was able to move on.  I am not sure when the third book is due out, but I cannot wait.  I like these characters they seem like real people.  They battle with their own emotions and their own demons just like anyone has to in life today.  Their demons may be a little more far fetched than what we face but I could relate.  
I don't like the Vampire books or movies, have never been able to get in to those.  I don't like mushy romance novels.  I guess I like the mystery, murder, and gun blazing novels.  I do like a little romance in my gun blazing novels though, just a little.  I don't know if book club will pick the third one to read or not, but I am hooked and will have to read it when it comes out.  I heard that they are making a movie about this series too.  I might have to check that out.

No comments: