Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tax Free Weekend Ending. . . . Really?????

Is tax free weekend really ending?   Did anyone really get that great of a deal during tax free weekend?   I got rather ill last year when I went shopping for school stuff on tax free weekend.  I went to Staples to try and find some notebooks and pencils.   There were a lot of people in there just throwing stuff in their cart and basket.   I was looking at the mechanical pencils and they were like 3 for $5 on a big sign in front of the display.  What made me ill, was the fact that under that big sale sign was a regular price sticker for those same pencils 3 for $2.  I started looking around and checking their other "Sale" signs and their regular price stickers and 6 of 10 were like that.  I put back everything I had picked up and left.  I hate having to go to Walmart but that is where I ended up getting the majority of their school stuff.  I will never go to Staples, that is low down and a crime as far as I am concerned.  I do not agree with ripping off people in the name of tax free weekend.  I will be doing school shopping just like we do everything else, the Dave Ramsey way, with cash.  We did this last year and paid cash for the kids shoes, clothes, and school supplies.   If you have not heard of Dave Ramsey you need to check him out.  You can get his books at the library, The Total Money Makeover or Financial Peace University.  Even if you don't follow everything he says you might get a tip or two from him that will start you on your way to financial peace.  We are paying cash for vacation this year, it is the first for us.  It is quite exciting to think about.

No comments: