Monday, July 15, 2013

Dr. Pepper Cake. . .

I saw this post on Facebook about  a Dr. Pepper cake.  I decided I would make it for Big T to celebrate him making it the whole week at camp this year.  His favorite soda is Dr. Pepper.  Here are the ingredients:  yellow cake mix, 4 eggs, 3/4 cup oil, 1 box vanilla pudding, and 10 oz. Dr Pepper.  Combine all ingredients and pour in a bunt pan and bake 350 for 1 hour.  Prepare a glaze with 1 cup of powdered sugar a teaspoon of vanilla and enough Dr. Pepper to make a thin glaze.  The cake looks good and came out fine.  The glaze I am not sure about.  I poured it over the cake and usually a glaze you can see after you pour it over but this one disappeared.  Now the picture that was with this post was of a Dr. Pepper can sitting beside a piece of this supposed cake.  The cake in the picture was chocolate and covered in chocolate icing.  The cake I made looks quite simple compared to the one in the picture.  I think the recipe may have called for nuts but, since my kids do not like nuts I did not use them.  I guess you should be careful about getting recipes off of Facebook because they may be a lot different looking when you fix them than their pictures appear.   I knew it would not be a chocolate cake and I knew the glaze would not be chocolate because there was no chocolate in the recipe what I cannot figure out is why post a picture of a chocolate cake?  Here is a picture of what the Dr. Pepper cake really looks like.

I have no doubt it will be good but I am afraid my kids may not like it  Until we eat again. . .



No comments: