Friday, July 12, 2013

Neat things you can do for your kids. . .

I saw this on Facebook, so it is not mine.  Each year write a letter to your child and put it in an envelope also add a little money to your envelope.  When they graduate high school give them the letters.   A great gift of what you were thinking about when they were growing up and some cash to boot.  Even though my kids are older I still think I may do this.
I don't remember where I saw this one.  On February 29th get your kids to write down what they think they will be like in four years.  They should also write what they think they will be doing in four years too.  Put these in an envelope and they open them on the next Leap Year.    I did this one last year cannot wait to give it back to them.
If your kids are young do a time capsule for them.  Put in things that are relevant today and write down popular songs, popular movies, things they have done, pictures of them and you, money from this year, a note to them on your hopes and dreams for them, make a note of what things cost.  I did this for Sprat when he was a baby we sealed it on his first birthday and I am going to let him open it when he turns 20.  I am ashamed to say I did not do this for Big T.  I know, bad mommy, Big T has second child syndrome.
I saw where someone posted to buy a book, a kids book like a Dr. Seuss and have each one of your child's teachers write a note in it to them.  Then give them the book  when they graduate high school.  I did not do this one, quite frankly I am not sure Sprat would want to know what his teachers would write about him.
Have a water balloon fight with your kids to commemorate the last day of school.  I did this several years ago with my kids.  We had a blast, they loved soaking me with the water balloons and chasing each other all over the yard.   Sometimes it's good for you to be a kid too.
AC Moore and Michael's stores sell, make your own stepping stone kits.  Those are fun to do and great to put in your garden or flower beds.  We made some a couple of years ago for each child and put their hand prints in it and their initials.  They had a blast and I have some pretty decorations in my flower bed.

No comments: