Sunday, July 14, 2013

Life is back to normal. . . . ha ha ha ha ha. . . .

What is normal, exactly?  I don't think my house has ever been normal and I am ok with that.  My house is clean it is not neat or orderly.  I have two wild and crazy boys so I have at any time during the day at least 3 pairs of shoes in my living room floor (none of which are mine).   I have at least 4 sweatshirts hanging by the front door.   I always have laundry just waiting to be washed and also waiting to be folded and put away.   I have magazines stacked in the floor that I want to read and don't have time.  I have bags of yarn laying around to knit and crochet prayer shawls, scarves, and dish cloths.  I have books stacked on my stairs going up to the boys bedrooms.  These are books we read and look at during the day and before bed.  I have at least 3 Bibles and 3 different devotional books on my coffee table in my living room.  I have 3 computer security text books in the floor by my end tables in the living room.  We are book loving family.  We all have our own taste in books and of course have a plethora to choose from around the house.
I guess what I am saying is my house is no neat and is no show place.  We live here.  I do not want to live in a museum and I don't want my kids to grow up that way.  Yes, I wish my house were more neat and orderly but, I would rather spend time with my kiddos than clean my house.  I guess when they go back to school I will have to get to cleaning.   Some say, hire a cleaning lady.  I would have to clean my house before I let anyone in to clean.  That kinda defeats the purpose of a cleaning lady.  
For now both boys are back home and the craziness resumes.    We will have a week of down time and then the following week starts football camp and mission camp.  Sprat will get to participate in mission camp this year and he is really excited about it.  Check back for updates on mission camp.

No comments: