Thursday, July 11, 2013

Husbands and relationships. . .

I have seen previews for the Bridezilla marriage bootcamp program, I have not ever watched it and don't plan on watching it.  This weeks previews prompted a good question.  Their dilemma according to the previews is each couple must decide if there is only one seat in a life raft which one of them will get it?  I thought that was an intriguing question for a married couple.  I decided I would have a little fun with my hubby.  I sent him a text asking; "there is only room in a life raft for one of us what would you do?"    He replied back saying, "hang on the outside and tread water."   I asked him which one of us would do that?   He said, "me in the raft."   I thought that was so sweet.   I told him I was thinking the same thing only him in the raft and me treading water.  I am much better at treading water than he is.  I do it all summer long with the kids at the pool.   He sent back another text and said we could alternate in and out of the raft.   We have been married 20 years now and I love him more and more every day.  I keep him on his toes.
From what I have seen of the previews for the show these couples do not see things this way.   They just don't get it.  You have to sacrifice when you love someone and you have to compromise when you love someone.  Marriage is always a work in progress, it is a living organism and it requires constant love, nurturing, and attention.   These shows you see on TV, the so called "reality" shows are anything but reality.   Most people know this but there are some that follow these as the truth.
Ladies throw some crazy in on your men every now and then to keep them guessing.   Ask them this question and see how they respond.   Make up your own question and see how he responds.  I would love to hear your questions or comments about how things turn out.  Good Luck!!

No comments: