Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Always Learning. . .

I am always learning something new.  I read all the time; magazines, blogs, books, news feeds, tech websites, even Facebook.  I have found I am always learning something new, especially when it comes to the ever changing world of technology.   My classes have finally finished up for this semester but my education never ends.   Technology is ever changing and we, as consumers of technology, need to stay up to date so we can stay ahead of the bad guys.  
One very simple thing to remember is, if you are shopping and you are going to be entering your credit card information, look for the https:// in your browser window before the web address.  If the https:// is not there you are not on a secure site and your credit card information is not safe.    
Here is another gem I would like to pass along to you.  If you work for a company that supplies you with a computer, phone, or other mobile device you should know that company is well within their rights to know every website you visit and they may even read your emails.   I would also wager they have gps on them so they know where they are at all times.  You may say that is an invasion of privacy and it may very well be but, the company has every right to protect their investment and their proprietary information.   

No comments: