Monday, May 18, 2015

Exciting Week Ahead. . .

This week is going to be a dilly.  The hubbs has therapy, the kids are winding down with school, Sprat has a double header and Big T is getting ready for Conformation.  If you are not familiar with Conformation, it is the class the kids take when they are at an age of recognition, when they know what it means to sin.  Big T's class has been very cool, they are not only teaching the Bible, they are teaching the Moravian Church history.  Big T had a power point presentation to go over this past week to prepare for his class on Sunday.  I reviewed it with him and I knew some of the points but there were  a few that I did not know.  I always say we can learn new things all the time and this is no different.  The history of the Moravian Church is fascinating.
The hubbs grew up in our Church and I began attending when were dating and I joined a few years after we were married.  I was raised in a Baptist Church and the Moravians are not much different than the Baptist.   The Baptist dedicate infants and Moravians practice infant Baptism, Baptist baptize at the age of recognition and Moravians practice Confirmation.   I really like that our Church is teaching the history of Moravians, when I first met my hubby he told me he was Moravian and I thought he said Mormon.  He had to explain exactly what the Moravians were and what they believed.  
This is going to be an exciting time for our family.  Big T will be confirmed and then take his first Holy Communion.  

No comments: