Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Good News and Garden Goodness. . .

I know today is supposed to be about a recipe, I will get to that.  Good news,  my dear hubby will be back at work in 2 1/2 more weeks.  Very thankful the company he works for has been understanding and willing to work with him as he has been recovering.  We saw his surgeon today and he was very pleased with his progress.  He has been working very hard at home and at physical therapy to increase his stability and strength in his leg.  He has been very determined throughout this ordeal.  I am very thankful for everyone who has been praying for him and has offered us help during this time.  
From the garden I bring fresh onions on the grill.  Our local meat market had a special on steak so this past week we had steak on the grill.   We had some spring onions that were about the size of a small tomato.  I cut them and put butter on them and some garlic powder and fresh sage leaves.  I wrapped them in foil and put them on the grill.  These are so sweet off the grill.  I also recommend finding a local meat market for your needs.  You cannot beat fresh, and knowing where your meat was raised.  Everything that is going on in this world today it is much safer to grow your own or buy local.  
I would love to have cows although, I am not sure if I raised one that I could take it to slaughter. That is the whole reason my dad did not let my sister and I have cows or pigs.  He knew we would name them and they would never go to slaughter.  We raised horses, it was still hard when he decided he wanted to sell one of them.   At least we knew when we sold one of the horses it was not going to be eaten.  


2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

So glad Mark is headed back to work! I know you are both excited about that!!!

Pampered Mom said...

Yes, we are very excited, but I am going to miss him being around. I kinda got use to him being here and I kinda liked it. Thank you!