Thursday, May 7, 2015

Family Funnies. . . Mom Babbles. . .

I got my Mother's Day gift on Monday.  My hubby never gives me gifts early, NEVER.  He decided to celebrate on Monday since our weekend would be all about baseball.  We went out to eat at a favorite little place we all enjoy as a family and he gave me a beautiful amethyst necklace to wear that night.  He was very pleased with what he had picked out, as was I.  I was a little surprised  since he had not had the opportunity to do any shopping since he fell.   I am very surprised he gave it to me early, he never does that.   He prides himself on making me wait for gifts, he loves to tease me with them.  Needless to say, he surprised me all the way around.  My family drives me crazy but, I do love them dearly.  
The hubbs is getting around better now, my classes are over, and I feel much more relaxed.  Now to get my house cleaned up and back to somewhat normal.  It is funny how a house can get turned completely upside down is such a short time.   Mine is most definitely upside down.   The kids rooms are staying more organized in fact, Big T went to his room last night because he said he wanted to organize his things.  I had to laugh because that is one thing our family is not, we are not organized at all.   You can all breathe a sigh of relief he is not sick, he was organizing his toys.  He has a table in his room that he has all of his army men set up on in a battle.  He was re-arranging them in a new battle.  
My husband was telling the boys stories of his youth and how he used to play when he was growing up.  He told them about how he and his friends would set up battles with their army men and throw rocks at them and shoot them with a bb gun.  How he would strap them to bottle rockets and send them flying.   Big T piped up and said, that is why the army men at memaws' have holes in them and have burn marks.  I had heard most of the stories, the kids were amazed at their daddy and how he could occupy his time.   I had to laugh, this is where our dinner conversations go some nights.  
Big T has been going through "family life" at school during health class.  This is the class where they learn more in depth about the birds and the bees.   He has not said a whole lot about the class.  I picked him up at school the other day, and when he got in the car I asked him how his day was just like I do every day.  His reply is what threw me.  He said, mom I feel so sorry for one of my friends.  He seemed very sad about what ever the friend was going through.  I said, I am sorry what is going on?  I was expecting maybe they had experienced a death in the family or something.  Big T replied, my friend (Sue) got her period.  I am so glad I was at a stop sign when he said that, I just about fell out.  I said, do what?  He repeated that she had gotten her period.  I said, how do you know about that?  He simply said, I have taken "family life" mom, I know all about it.  By this time we were home and getting out of the car.  He hugged me and kissed me on the cheek and said, "I am sorry you had to go through that mom."   Gotta love that kid.  He will make some young lady a great husband some day, some day far in the future.  
Hang on and stay tuned, raising these boys is going to be very interesting.  

No comments: