Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Little Things for the Kiddos. . .

The end of the school year is fast approaching and some will be preparing one for college, some will be preparing for a Wedding, and some will be preparing for a new high school student.  Ahhh, the varying times of our lives as parents.  Each of these a big milestone for your child and for yourself.
I am just trying to keep my kiddos focused on school and school work.   I do think about these other milestones I mentioned and I think about all the things I need to teach  my kids before they go off on their own.
There are so many little things you can do now to share with your kids when they graduate high school.  One thing I have been doing for my boys is writing them little notes about things that happen in their lives or if I think of something I think they should know about a particular situation they are struggling with, then I also enclose a little money with it.  I seal it in an envelope and write the month and year that it was sealed.  I think I will give these to them when they graduate high school or college I have not really decided yet.  No matter when I give these to them they will be getting notes from me at all different times in their lives along with a little cash.  I usually enclose between $10 and $20 in each envelope.   This is not my idea, I borrowed it from somewhere else but I cannot remember where.  I have seen it on Pinterest but I started doing this before Pinterest existed.  Where ever I picked this up it said do one note a year.  I have done a couple a year, just whenever the mood has hit me or if something happened that I felt I needed to write on.  
I am not sure how much my boys will appreciate their mother's words or the extra cash but I feel good that I have done this for them.   I hope they will take my words to heart.

No comments: