Friday, May 29, 2015

Giving. . .Child Hunger

I told you earlier about my kids participating in the 30 hour famine for World Vision.  I would like to share a link to their site.  We are raising money for child hunger.   Here is a link to the website www.30hourfamine.org  our church is Christ Moravian Church.   Our youth is trying to go without food for 30 hours in support of all of those kids that go without food all over the world.   Our kids will get plenty of fluids and they do eat but in very small amounts similar to what children in other countries consume on a daily basis.  Our kids are learning about other countries and their customs and how their children live.
I know before we started participating in the 30 hour famine my kids did not know what famine was or what being hungry felt like.  I am so glad our church started this fundraiser because it introduced my kids to the world around them.   There are other churches in our area that have fundraisers that help bring awareness to how others, less fortunate than us, live.  One church, a dear friend attended, had their youth spend a day and night outside with nothing more than a box for shelter and water to drink for 24 hours.
You can also check out the World Vision website www.worldvision.org   My kids do not easily go without food for 30 minutes much less 30 hours and I am sure mine are not the only ones.   This is a good program for a good cause, please check it out.

No comments: