Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Low Down on Prepaid Phone Service. . .

I found these on my CNET app on my prepaid phone.   When I finally went to a true smart phone I looked around at the best plans and service and I went with a prepaid plan.  I get a lot more bang for my buck thanks to my good friend Jennifer.   I was spending almost $80 per month before I switched. I cut my bill in half and have unlimited everything, you cannot beat that plan.  T-Mobile has gone 100% no contract now.   Several of the big name companies are now running smaller prepaid companies too.  Sprint runs Boost and Virgin Mobile, AT&T runs Cricket Wireless, and T-Mobile has Metro PCS and GoSmart.   There are even small prepaid companies that donate a portion of your bill each month to charities that you specify.  I think that is rather cool.  Giv Mobile donates 8% of your bill each month to a wide range of charities that you get to pick from.  Kajeet is a Sprint based company that is for kids.  This company is taping into the kid cell phone market.  With a Kajeet smart phone a parent has online parental controls that allows you to monitor who you child is talking and texting.  They are also the only carrier to offer online Internet filters where you can block certain websites from your child's phone.  These particular plans are a little more expensive.   TracFone  operates under:  Net 10, Simple Mobile, and StraightTalk.  They operate on T-Mobile and AT&T networks.
I personally like the prepaid service, it is cheaper and you are not locked into anything.  The service is just as good if not better, I know my service improved when I left Sprint and went with my prepaid service.  Some of these I mentioned may not be available in every area but they are definitely worth looking into.

No comments: