Sunday, February 10, 2013

Back to school . . . cont. . .

I told you earlier that I was going back to school.  I have been taking a basic computer class on campus and an ethics class online.  I am enjoying them both.  The computer class makes me feel old.  I am one of the oldest in the class and feel so in the dark when it comes to technology.  I am embracing that technology though, and learning so much.  Since the ethics class is online, it doesn't make me feel old.  
The past couple of weeks we have been talking about censorship in my ethics class.  I did not realize how much censorship there is around the world.  Some countries completely censor their citizens, and others selectively censor.   As US citizens, we really do have more freedom than any other country in the world.  We should really be more thankful for our freedom and those that fought and died for it.  
I am not only learning about the world in these classes but I am learning a great deal about my self.  I am excited looking forward to what classes I might take next session.  So far I have an A in both my classes this session.  I have written three papers in Ethics and completed four projects in my basic PC class.   Who knew I had that in me?