Saturday, February 2, 2013

Book Club. . .

Had our first book club meeting last night.  It was a lot of fun.  I only knew one person going in to this club.  I met three very nice ladies last night and enjoyed getting to know them the way women always do.  We talked about our kids and having kids and what we did when we were kids.    We enjoyed good food and fellowship and discussed our book.  We read "Water for Elephants."
I enjoyed the book.  There are parts of it that are very graphic with regard to sex and hurting animals.  I am an animal lover so that was hard for me to get around.  Overall I did like the book.  I still have not seen the movie.  I tried to watch it before I read the book and I could not get past the animal cruelty.  I am a softy when it comes to our four legged friends.  If you have not read the book I would recommend it.  It does make you think about how you treat others.
Our next book may be "The Memory Keepers Daughter."  I have not read this one yet so I am pretty excited about it.  I have heard good things about it.

No comments: