Friday, February 1, 2013

Growing boys. . .

My boys are growing up so fast.  It seems like yesterday they were teetering around barely talking and now they do not stop.  They have been going through a bad phase where they are fighting all the time and constantly picking at each other.  I have talked to them till I am blue in the face about how they treat each other.  My spill to them is, there are plenty of people out there that want to be mean to you, we need to be good to each other.  I have been preaching this for quite a while .

So yesterday Thomas came running upstairs to tell me something and Jack was in the kitchen.  When Thomas rounded the corner Jack jumped out and scared him.  Thomas immediately started crying and turned his back on Jack.  Jack put his arms around his brother and told him he was sorry and that he loved him.  I did not tell him to do that, he did it on his own.  Thomas immediately stood up and said, "that's ok".  Normally this would have gone on forever with crying and fighting on both sides.  Instead they both went downstairs and played for the rest of the evening.  It is amazing how powerful "I'm sorry and I love you" are. I am so thankful that I was privy to this moment.  

No comments: