Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day . . .

My dad and mom always got my sister and I a small box of chocolates for Valentines.  It was always there beside our breakfast dishes with a card.  I have been doing the same for my boys since they were little.  I always get a little choked up(shock surprise) on Valentines thinking about my folks and all the little things they did for us as kids.  It really is the little things that your kids will remember.  I remember the orchids we got for Easter to wear to Church and of course our Easter baskets.   I got the boys a small box of the Russell Stover chocolates with the teddy bear on top.  Thomas still likes to sleep with little bears and stuffed animals, Jack cannot because of his allergies but he still likes getting them.  I was trying to get Toms' bear off of the box of chocolates when Basil saw it.  She thought it was for her.  She followed Thomas around all morning waiting to get her toy.  Basil has a small bear similar to the one on the chocolates that she plays with and I guess she thought she was getting a new one.  I guess I should be ashamed for not getting my only daughter a  Valentines toy.  I will be running by the drug store to pick up another box of chocolates for my sweet Basil.  The bear for her and I guess I will have to eat those darn chocolates myself.  My, my, what a mother has to do for her babies, even the four legged babies.  Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: