Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bullying. . .

How do you explain to your children that there are some people that just won't like you no matter what?  It doesn't matter if you know them or not or even if you have interaction with them.  Some people are just like that.  There are a couple of kids around that are being mean to my kids for no reason.  Some of this is happening in the neighborhood too. My kids don't see them in school except in passing and don't have anything in common with these kids yet they see fit to be mean and talk ugly about my kids.  They say mean things to them just to get a rise out of them.  I am very fortunate though, that my kids are good at ignoring most things.  Jack has a thick skin so not a lot bothers him but Thomas on the other hand wears his heart on his sleeve.  He is more like me.
Why is it that some children cannot just leave well enough alone?   Are their lives so miserable that they want everyone else to be miserable too?  I pray for these kids everyday, I pray that they will leave my kids alone and that what ever is bothering them will be resolved.  I pray that if there is a problem at home for them that God will resolve it so maybe they will be happier with themselves.
In the meantime what do you tell your children?  You always hear about kids doing things to themselves because they were being bullied.  I don't want that to happen to mine.  I think they are stronger than that but you just never know.  I have told them many times if there is a problem to please talk to me or their dad.  Sometimes you can just tell that there is something going on.  More people should be aware of bullying and we all need to be aware as parents to what our kids might be going through.  I always ask questions about school and their day trying to find out if anything has happened.  Some days I just want to cry.

No comments: