Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Daily Devotions. . .

I was reading the daily devotions with the boys one night before bed and this particular one talked about improper touching.   As I was reading this I was thinking to myself, do I really want to broach this subject with my boys now.  We have talked about the fact that nobody should touch their body.   What we had not talked about was that they should not touch anyone else either.  I always thought I was glad I did not have girls because this was one issue I did not want to have to deal with.  You always think of girls being victims but boys can be victims too.  As a mother I want to protect my children from everything; from bicycle injuries, bullies, drugs, and all things evil.  I have said numerous times that God has a plan and he puts things in our path sometimes to help us and sometimes to slow us down.  I feel like this particular devotion was in his plan.  I believe this because I had gotten off schedule with their devotions and I was catching up.  This devotion made me have that talk I had been avoiding.  We had a good conversation about how to behave and that they can tell their Dad and I anything.  I know that God is watching over our family and I am so thankful for that.   I know that he sends things to me when I need them and that is comforting.  I know that he is leading me so that I may lead my children.

No comments: