Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Book Club, Book # 2

The second book we are reading for book club is "The Memory Keepers Daughter."   This title reached out and grabbed me, the book has been very different than what I was expecting.  It has it's tear jerking moments and then it has points where you want to smack the main character.  I have not finished but, I am only a chapter or two away.   We have our next meeting on Friday, I am excited about it because I have not been on Facebook since we started the book.  I cannot wait to hear what everyone else has thought about this one.  We wrote comments on Facebook when we were reading the first book and I kinda liked that.  It was neat to see what everyone else was thinking while they were reading the book.  I have missed that about not being on Facebook.  
I was not sure I would do well in a book club.  I read slowly and I really have to be in to a book to read it.  The book we have read and this one were not books I would have picked for my self so, I feel like I am broadening my horizons.  I personally like a good mystery; medical murder mysteries.   The first book we read was "Water for Elephants," it was hard to get around some of it but I am glad I read it.   I cannot wait to find out what we will be reading next.

No comments: