Saturday, October 25, 2014

Drunken Turkey Among Other Things. .

I had a frozen turkey breast and decided today was a great day to fix it.   I have a special pan that goes on the grill that holds a can.  I found the recipe for cooking time and spices to add.  Here it is if you want to check it out. 
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cat-cora/beer-can-turkey-recipe.html
This said to warm your grill up to 350 and set your turkey on the cool side.  We lit the two outter burners and set the turkey in the middle.
My hubby and I are not big drinkers,  I do cook with wine and beer but we don't just drink it that often.  I sent my hubby to pick up some beer for the turkey and he comes home with a 12 pk.  He said Walmart did not carry 6pks.   I am immediately going through my head of what else I can cook with beer soon.  He suggested some beer boiled shrimp, yummmmm we have not had that in a while.
Ok, back to dinner tonight.  I made some beer bread and some fresh garlic butter and some brown rice and crowder peas and snaps.  If you have fresh garlic you should try garlic butter.   I use almost 1/2 cup butter (Brummel and Brown) and three cloves of garlic pressed.  I have been making fresh garlic butter for a long time.   I love  it and my family loves it.    I recommend using a glass dish with a lid or everything in your fridge will smell like garlic.  Everything was a hit.  Turkey was very moist and the bread was wonderful with the garlic butter.  The rice and peas were perfect.  
Until we eat again. . .   

No comments: